by Carla Valencia de Martinez
Flights, that is. With Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and now Hobby both flying internationally on a daily basis, Houston is a world destination quite literally connecting people on a world-wide level.
• IAH reaches more than 70 international destinations with service to more Mexican destinations than any other US airport.
• United sees over 800 daily departures.
• In 2013, IAH served 39,865,325 passengers, making it the 28th busiest airport in the world and the 12th busiest in North America.
• In terms of international routes, the busiest are: Mexico City, Cancun, London, Frankfurt and Calgary.
• Hobby Airport sees 12 million passengers annually.
• Through its partnership with Southwest Airlines, Hobby opened international flight service in 2015. The Houston Airport System anticipates one million passenger increase annually.
• Ellington Airport serves the US military, NASA and a variety of general aviation tenants.
Airlines that fly internationally:
Aeromexico | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Alaska | ANA | American Airlines | Avian | British Airways | Delta | Eva Air | Emirates | Frontier Airlines | Interjet | KLM | Korean Air | Lufthansa Qatar | Seaport | Singapore Airlines | Southwest Airlines | Spirit | Turkish Airlines | United | Viva | Polaris | West Jet