This year, Houston actually had a winter, even if it came and went sporadically. Snow, ice, freezing rain, and frosty temperatures got us thinking about soup, of course. Although the dishes pictured here are enjoyable year-round, there‘s something about soup that makes winter weather a little more bearable.
1) GOODE CO. KITCHEN & CANTINA‘S Chicken Tortilla Soup is made with red chile, roasted chicken stock, hand-shredded chicken, avocado, cilantro, in addition to a full spread of traditional garnishes.
2) YAUTCHA, the Chinese dim sum teahouse, features a collection of soups, including this traditional Hot & Sour Soup with the addition of shredded chicken.
3) STATE OF GRACE‘S Seafood Gumbo is packed with Gulf shrimp, oysters and rice. Also enjoy a side of garlic bread while you‘re at it!
4) TACODELI‘S Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup is make with Kindle Farms sweet potatoes and blended with spicy chipotles, garlic and a touch of cream. The soup is garnished with tender pork belly, jack cheese and cilantro.
5) A seasonal favorite, TREEBEARDS‘ down-home Chicken & Dumplings is now available at the Downtown eatery on Thursdays and Fridays in both small and large sizes.
6) Vibrant and tangy, LOCAL FOODS‘ riff on chicken posole is fashioned with poblano, green chiles, hominy and pumpkin seeds.